Royal House of Keoua Nui
Laʻanui was then introduced to the Queens twin adopted daughter of Holau and married the High Chiefess Theresa Owana Kaheiheimalie Rives, daughter of Luahine. Their off springs brought them a daughter, Elizabeth Kekaʻaniau and a son, Gideon Kaʻilipalaki Laʻanui. Several months after their son, Kaʻilipalaki Laʻanui was born, Theresa Owana Kaheiheimalie passed away from illness. La'anui then married Puohu, but had no children from her.
High Chief Gideon Peleioholani La'anui
1797? - 1849
High Chief Peleʻioholani Laʻanui was the son of High Chiefess Kaʻōhelelani & Chief Nuhi O Hinai, born at Waimea, Hawaiʻi. La'anui was the famous chief that survived the slaughter at the battle of Kawaihae.
A royal alliance was made by King Kamehameha and Queen Kaʻahumanu by arranging the marriage between Namahana Kekuwai-Piʻia (the Queens sister) and Laʻanui and for them to move to Waialua, Oʻahu to govern that district. They were the first couples to be baptized in Kawaiahaʻo Church along with Queen Kaʻahumanu and seven other followers where he received his baptismal name of Gideon.
Kekuawai-Pi'ia later died with no children from Laʻanui.
Princess Namahana Kekuwai-Piia
Sister of Queen Kaʻahumanu
His daughter, the High Chiefess Elizabeth Kekaʻaniau Laʻanui was selected by King Kamehameha III to be eligible to the throne of the Hawaiian Kingdom and was groomed to be a future ruler of Hawaii, entering the Chiefs' Children's School.
Gideon Laʻanui was the most skilled surf rider, taught by King Kamehameha himself at Haleumiumiʻiole at Kawaihae and at Kapuni, outside of Kiʻikiʻiakoi. Later, Laʻanui passed Kamehameha's teachings of surfing on to the young sons of Kamehameha at a place of what is now known as Aliʻi Beach in Haleʻiwa. When Kamehameha died, so great was Laʻanui's love that he knocked out his teeth in respect for his great uncle.
Laʻanui's old estate, land he gave to Reverend Emerson to build the Waialua Protestant Church, now called the Liliʻuokalani Church
Laʻanui was the High Chief of Waialua on Oʻahu were he resided and was the judge of his district appointed by King Kamehameha III. He initiated the first congregation in Waialua and donated all the land for the church. It is now known as the Liliʻuokalani Church. Laʻanui also donated a large portion of money for the original 400 pound bronze bell that still rings today, replacing the blowing of the conch shell call to worship.
The ancient royal Lokoʻea fishpond as well as ʻUkoʻa pond was owned by Laʻanui where Kamehameha himself used to pull fish from. The ponds dates back to the year 1600, now transferred to the possession of the Kamehameha landholding trust of Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop after the death of Laʻanui.
Laʻanui died on September 12, 1849, he is buried at his old estate the Waialua Protestant Church and Cemetery (now, Liliʻuokalani Church). John Papa Iʻi became the guardians of his two children who were minors at the time.