HRH Princess Owana Kaʻōhelelani visits
the Royal Palace in Turin Italy
The Royal Palace of Savoy
Greeted by Enrica Pagella, ORSO Director of all the Royal Museums and Palaces of Turin
Private tour by Barbara Tuzzolino, ORSO Head of Communications Office for the Royal Museums and Palaces of Turin
On May 17, 2022 H.R.H. Princess Owana Kaʻōhelelani, H.E. David Kealiʻimaikaʻi Castro, GCRC, Eleanora Cochran, DCRC and Emanuela Borgnino, DCRC visits the Royal Palace of Turin.
The Royal Palace of Turin (Palazzo Reale di Torino) is a sixteenth-century palace constructed for the House of Savoy, which ruled Turin until the late nineteenth century. Originally built in the 16th century, it was modernized by Christine Marie of France in the 17th century with designs by Baroque architect Filippo Juvarra. The palace was converted to a museum in 1946.
H.R.H. Princess Owana Kaʻōhelelani and delegation toured the first-floor royal apartments, ballroom, throne hall, armory and gallery. The adjacent Royal Armory features one of the world’s largest collections of weapons.